Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Auf Wiedersehen Wien


After my trip to Switzerland, I only had about a week left in Vienna and far too much homework to do during that week. Despite the large amount of schoolwork and packing, I managed to have some fun in my last week as well.

Right after I got home, I was surprised by a phone call from a friend (who I thought was traveling at the time) telling me to come to an ice cream place for a surprise birthday event. The ice cream was delicious.  On the following day, my actual birthday, I took the day off from work and picnicked with a friend along the Danube. Since the weather was unbearably hot, we went swimming in the river as well. (Don’t worry, it’s very clean, lots of people swim in it.)


Later, I also went out for Mexican food, which was a delicious taste of home. I’ve had enchiladas for my birthday the past four or five years and thought I’d keep up the tradition.

My last weekend was Donauinsel Fest, an annual outdoor music festival on the island in the Danube. I went with a few friends and it was a great way to spend my last weekend in Vienna.



I’ve had very mixed feelings about leaving. I’m excited to continue traveling and to see my parents soon, but will also miss being in Vienna. 


No comments:

Post a Comment